Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sa Hindi Kalayuan


Sa Hindi Kalayuan

Br. Peter John Abogado, SSS is a 3rd year theology student at Maryhill School of Theology. He is from the Diocese of Daet. He had his Pastoral Exposure at Cagayan de Oro City.

My Pastoral Exposure was a magnificent experience. I was away from my scholasticate community and from my usual academic life yet new learning had amplified my awareness especially on matters pastoral in nature. It was a 10 month exposure of meaningful experiences. I’m blessed that my pastoral exposure happened in one of our communities in Mindanao; at Nuestra Senora Virgin Del Rosario Parish , Brgy. Consolacion Cagayan De Oro City, under the supervision of Fr. Exzur M Eballe, SSS, Parish Priest and local superior of the community

My experiences have helped me in me discern about the potentials of the pastoral aspect of my life as a religious. I was able to enrich my capabilities in way which I aren’t find in books but are found in the pastoral needs of the parish as well as that of the community. It was a rich experience full of adventures and pressures but characterized by the call of service and dedication. It was also an opportunity for me to be in the real world of people who belong to the grassroots of the society; a life where the only means of their living is to work so as to provide food on their table. Perhaps without a firm religious foundation in my formation I would have faltered to do what I needed to do. Thanks to my community who served as my refuge during the times of my difficulties. Praised be Jesus And Mary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment